Saturday, November 27, 2010

dear finish line...

[recommended musica: #177, the chariots of fire theme song. boy howdy.]

location: my kitchen table

what i see: my poor nauseated roommate lying on the floor

wait, why is my roommate nauseated? well, we're not entirely sure of the root cause. but it can't have helped that she toughed it out and we just ran 5 miles anyway.

yes, 5. that's a lot less than 13.2.

but nonetheless ... i promptly came home and registered for my first half marathon. marty, we're (dis)affectionately dubbing it.

we hate marty. we love marty. we want to beat marty up. marty makes us feel good inside. marty makes our bodies hurt. marty makes our hearts healthy. marty makes us weep, wail & gnash our teeth. marty gives me excuses to buy new songs for my ipod.

(...turns out marty is a lot like being in a dysfunctional relationship...)

perhaps i will consider couples counseling.

in the meantime, i will keep running. because marty's got nothing on me.

i've just ... never been a distance runner before. ever. i wimp out after a mile or two.

and i've always watched my friends train and cross those finish lines and been oh-so-jealous.

oh. so. jealous.

so now it's go time. someone be there to catch me on the other side of the finish line.

p.s.
we're doing london's run on january 29. all the money goes to leukemia patients. and we all know i'm a sucker for helping the sick childrens ...

No comments: