Thursday, October 28, 2010

KAST

[tune in: #44, "the riddle" by five for fighting. because it makes my soul feel good.]

location: kitchen table. in my apt that is no longer a flood disaster zone.

what i see: an empty bowl of homemade soup & a PILE of punkin choc chip cookies. yeah, it's been a domestic day.

so remember when my life took a turn for the different and i imagined up a pile of goals?

let's recall one of them: "really dedicate myself to my service endeavors"

and by golly, i've gone and done it.

introducing:
Katie's AZ Service Team, aka KAST

i played off the kast/cast idea and picked a theme scripture:
Isa. 61:1 - "He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted."

the story: i made a facebook group. i invited a few people. i started planning projects.

2 months later, we have 160 members. we've completed nearly 250 hours of service as a whole.

i'm overwhelmed, ecstatic, grateful, fulfilled, and happier than i've been in a long time.

don't you love when you find something that simply feels like you were born to do it? it's the way i felt the first time i attended a volunteer training with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in 2008 and knew i'd be involved with it for the rest of my life.

KAST even has an official logo, thanks to the talented Kelsey Ann (yeah, hit her up for your wedding & grad invites)


here's what we've done so far:

FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN (thrice, actually)


RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE:


HABITAT FOR HUMANITY:


on the docket in the next 2 months:
two more habitat for humanity builds
one more feed my starving children
special olympics arizona
delivering gifts to refugee families for the international rescue committee

and much, much more to come.

yeah ... i'm basically in love.

p.s. how much do i love october? so much.

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

And October loves you.
Just thought you should know.
I am SO SO SO stoked about your endeavors! I find myself quite floored actually that you are a part of something so awesome...let alone the founder. You are really truly doing an amazing job.
I am a proud proud big sister.
("This is a proud proud day" - Dumbo)
(I hate that movie)
ANYWAY, I am so excited for you! I want to come help sometime! Once I get my portion of humanity under control (aka chillens) I shall venture out with you!!)
P.S. Kudos to Kelsey. I love your logo.